Saturday, October 10, 2009

People still create on the Amiga

I have spent many of my nights catching up on the Amiga's history post 1993 when I seemingly lost interest in my beloved A500. I'm continually shocked to see how many brilliants minds are still developing hardware and software for this system of the past. And oh how I love the Amiga community. I sincerely expected to find a bunch of empty forums but yet again I'm amazed at the communities that are still supporting one another. I am actually feeling more connected to the Amiga community than I did back when the system was new in 1989. The level of comradery is amazingly high. And yes, I see that people get disenchanted and eventually leave and perhaps threatening to sell all their old equipment and move on leaving the past behind. But then I see new faces pop up and express their desire to renew their interest in an old friend.

So here is a little animation created by on an Amiga 4000 by Eric Schwartz. The music is from the game Portal and was cleverly adapted to fit the Amiga's story.



1 comment: